Undergraduate International Admission Policy

Admission Deadlines

Fall Semester – June 1
Spring Semester - November 1
Summer Semester - April 1

Heidelberg University is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. International members of Heidelberg University must follow the United State's visa and immigration policies. The visa and immigration information is subject to change at any time. Please keep yourself updated on the Prior to Departure page. All materials must be complete for review. Heidelberg University reserves the right to request further documentation on a case-by-case basis. International Baccalaureate Diploma students are granted sophomore status at Heidelberg!

Application Materials

Please note that SAT or ACT scores are not required for undergraduate international applicants.


Student Type Requirement Additional Information
Required for all International Applicants

Passport Photocopy (or other form of identification) You will need a valid passport to receive your I-20 form for your visa interview.
Evidence of Financial Support

U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resource.

Please submit at least one of the following:

  • A letter from your financial institution to prove financial support
  • A letter from your sponsor (if you have one) to prove financial support
  • A bank statement dated within the last six months that reflects the amount for tuition, fees, room and board, and mandatory health insurance of a minimum of one year.

Proof of English Language Proficiency

*Not required for HELI only program.

Click on the link for additional information. Must have scores from a testing agency or submit proof of admissibility via other suitable forms. Scores must be recent to within one year of the date of application to the University.
Required for Applicants from Outside the U.S.* Official Academic Records of completed education by one of NACES agencies Request a "document-by-document" evaluation for secondary school work and a "course-by-course" evaluation for higher education coursework from the NACES agency chosen. Instruct the NACES agency of choice to send the transcript evaluation to Heidelberg University.
Required for Applicants from Within the U.S.** Official Academic Records
  • United States Secondary School Diploma
  • International Secondary School Diploma recognized by Heidelberg University
  • United States Community College Transcripts
  • United States 4-year-university Transcripts
  Visa Transfer Form (if applicable) Applicants currently residing in the United States with an F-1 visa will need to submit this form, which will be enclosed with the application acknowledgement letter.
For ALL Applicants Application Form Applications are submitted online. There is no application fee.

* Applicants who received an undergraduate degree from a school outside of the United States, whether you are currently residing in the United States or not.

** Applicants who are currently residing in the United States and have a diploma from a school within the United States.

Please Note: If applicants send any personal information via email (i.e. transcripts, copy of passport), Heidelberg University is not responsible for the security of the information sent. 

top of UHall

Application Review and Completion

  1. Materials will be reviewed by the Heidelberg University Office of Admissions. 
  2. A letter of acceptance together with the I-20 will be sent to the applicants.
  3. Applicants pay the $250 enrollment fee (non-refundable).
  4. Applicants request an interview at the United States embassy for visa issuance.
  5. Applicants submit up-to-date immunization records.
  6. Applicants review prior to departure information.


  • Please do not make flight arrangements until a student (F-1) or scholar (J-1) visa has been received.
  • Please do not enter the United States on a visitor (tourist) visa (B-2) unless it is designated “Prospective Student” by the Consular Officer.
  • The U.S. Immigration Service rarely authorizes a change in visa status from a B-2 to an F-1 or J-1 visa.

International student group